The Center for Public Education, a research center within the National School Boards Association that is dedicated to the study and advancement of public education, is looking for a Summer 2013 editorial intern.
This is an exciting, fast-paced opportunity for the right student to gain real-world experience and a handsome portfolio. The summer intern will play a large role in procuring, tracking and posting content to CPE’s various platforms, including a Facebook page, blog and newsletter. Ambitious interns could also have the opportunity to publish a magazine piece and attend media events for coverage.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to how much you’ll be able to get out of this internship located in Alexandria’s charming Old Town. Candidates should have:
- Experience with college and/or professional newspaper, magazine or other publication
- Curiosity and creativity combined with demonstrated skills in research, reporting and writing
- Command of grammar, punctuation and AP Style
- Excellent work ethic, an obsession with details and a self-directed nature
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and various social media platforms like Facebook and WordPress.
Intern must be at least a college junior in a related major. Internship is unpaid but CPE will work with your school to satisfy requirements for you to earn course credit. Send resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2012.