School “resegregation” has been in the news lately, but is it real? Are our schools becoming less diverse, even as our student body becomes increasingly so?
We tackle these questions, as well as multiple others, in our new report, “School Segregation Then & Now: How to move toward a more perfect union.”
- Are integrated schools better for students?
- How does race interact with socioeconomic status in school enrollments?
- How do you measure integration?
- How does segregation affect the distribution of resources, such as teachers and funding?
- What can school districts do to create more diverse schools?
We hope that you will find this report informative and inspiring, as we aim to strengthen our schools and our society.